Tuesday 31 January 2012

Holiday

Happy Chinese new year everyone! Greetings from China!

I'm currently away from Edinburgh for a holiday. Yeah, holiday!!! It's -26 outside and I'm sitting in the living room of my parents' place, cozy and warm. Holiday to me is all about sitting around my dear parents or grandparents, keeping them company. I've been away from home for 16 months. But to me, it seems like I never went away. I mean, when i got off the train, my hometown was exactly the same as what it looked like 16 months ago. Everything was familiar. And I picked up the famous northeast accent soon after I arrived. (ask a Chinese what that is, I'm quite sure you will be amused.)

I am very happy to spend time with family. I thought I would complain, given the fact that I used to prefer to stay with friends rather than relatives, and that the old me went after fun and didn't care too much about others. But i complaint nothing. I guess I just knew something about responsibility, and figured out what is most precious in my life. My grandparents were really thrilled to see me (and of cousr the presents i brought back). Likewise. I talked to them about every details of my life in UK, in a really patient way. Well honestly, that is new.

I think I learnt a lot during the time when I lived in UK all by myself. One thing is that, I start to appreciate, my friends, my lovers, and my family. Without them, I'm nothing. So i need to, and I'm willing to show my appreciation. Now I'm gonna come back to them, making them happy, and enjoy as much as I can... when I still can.

I hope everything goes on well, dear you. Don't forget to say I love you next time you call your family. Smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment